Featured Posts
Recent Articles

Revamping An Old Piece Of Furniture


Here's the starting point, a simple little piece of furniture that can fit into a corner, bought from a thrift shop.

It's so ugly and dirty that nobody would give it a second glance.

What's more, it's made of cheap old plywood. But it was so cheap that I decided to buy it.
Here's how it looked when I first got it.









I wash and sandpaper it. I take off the yellow foam and fill in all the flaws and screw holes with wood filler.












I glue a sheet of thick paper en relief on top.
I spray the feet with silver paint and paint the rest in a light cappuccino shade.






Last of all, using decopatch/paperpatch adhesive, I glue a type of glazed paper used by florists to the door.

When it's fully dry, I apply a layer of glossy glue/varnish.
The next day, I apply a coat of marine varnish over the entire item in order to give it maximum protection against any kinds of stains or splashes. Then I swap the plastic handles for more modern, aluminum ones.

Here's the result.




Share and Enjoy:

0 comments for this post

Leave a reply

We will keep You Updated...
Sign up to receive all
interesting site updates!
Subscribe via RSS Feed subscribe to feeds
Sponsors
Popular Posts
Recent Stories
Connect with Facebook
Sponsor
Search Site
Recent Comments
Tag Cloud